The staff of the Illinois Early Learning Project appreciates the collaboration of the following individuals on Tip Sheet topics and “no-cost” translations for the residents of the state of Illinois:
Assistance with checking accuracy and appropriateness of content for the Natural Illinois series:
- Valerie Keener, Administrator, Division of Education, Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Springfield, Illinois
Assistance with checking accuracy and appropriateness of content for the Peanut Allergy Awareness Tip Sheet:
- Carol Carlton, Child Care Nurse Consultant serving Champaign, Douglas, Macon, and Piatt Counties
- Linda Cox, Urbana School Health Center Nurse
Assistance with checking accuracy and appropriateness of content for Preventing Lead Poisoning in Children Tip Sheet:
- Brenda Houy, Environmental Inspector with the Champaign-Urbana Health District
Assistance with checking accuracy and appropriateness of content for the Say Yes to the Mess series:
- Jim Angel, Ph.D., Illinois State Climatologist, Illinois State Water Survey
Assistance with checking accuracy and appropriateness of content for the Playground Physics series:
- David Hertzog, Ph.D., Department of Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (now at the University of Washington), for Playground Physics: On a Roll
- Edward Paine, retired physical science teacher, for Playground Physics: Watch for Falling Objects! and Playground Physics: Hang in There!
Translation of a set of Tip Sheets into Chinese:
- Ann-Marie Wiese, Ph.D., Senior Research Associated, WestEd, Center for Child and Family Studies, Sausalito, California
- Min Chen, Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
Translation of a set of Tip Sheets into Korean:
- Jin-Hee Lee, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Early Childhood, Graduate School, Keimyung University, Daegu, Korea
- Dr. Lee’s students: Taehun Kim, Taehee Lee, Misook Pyo, Gyeong-oh Seo, Ok-kyoung Lee, Jiyeon Lee, and Kyung-hee Park, Ph.D.
The IEL staff also appreciates and recognizes the collaboration of the following individuals who read and made suggestions for content and organization of Guides for Implementing the Project Approach and Lesson Planning in the Context of Projects:
- Becca Johnson, Preschool Head Teacher, University Primary School, Champaign, Illinois
- Barbara Gallick and Lisa Lee, Team Teachers, Illinois State University Child Care Center
- Scott Brouette, Lead Teacher, Western Illinois University Preschool Center
Translations of a set of Tip Sheets into Russian:
- Anastaiya V. Lakhikova, Ph.D., Lecturer, The Center for Translation Studies, School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics,University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The opinions, resources, and referrals provided on the IEL Web site are intended for informational purposes only and are not intended to take the place of medical or legal advice, or of other appropriate services. We encourage you to seek direct local assistance from a qualified professional if necessary before taking action.
The content of the IEL Web site does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Illinois Early Learning Project, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, or the Illinois State Board of Education; nor does the mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the Illinois Early Learning Project, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, or the Illinois State Board of Education.
NOTE: There may be publications on this page that are available as PDF (portable document format) files. To be able to read these files, download the free Adobe Reader.