|Title:||Things to Do While You're Waiting: Science|
|Spanish Version:||Cosas que hacer mientras se está esperando. Ciencia
|Polish Version:||Czym można zająć się podczas czekania: Zajęcia służące poznaniu i zrozumieniu różnych zjawisk.
|Source of Publisher:||Illinois Early Learning Project
|Length of article:||Short
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Home
● Family Child Care
● Child Care Center
● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Parents/Family
● Service Providers
● Family Activities
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)
● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● MATHEMATICS
● PARENTING AND FAMILY LIFE
|Goals:||10. Begin to make predictions and collect data information.
11. Demonstrate curiosity about the world and begin to use the practices of science and engineering to answer questions and solve problems.
12. Explore concepts and information about the physical, earth, and life sciences.
13. Understand important connections and understandings in science and engineering.
|Learning Standards:||11.A. Develop beginning skills in the use of science and engineering practices, such as observing, asking questions, solving problems, and drawing conclusions.
12.D. Explore concepts of force and motion.
13.B. Use tools and technology to assist with science and engineering investigations.
|Benchmarks:||11.A.ECa. Express wonder and curiosity about their world by asking questions, solving problems, and designing things.
12.D.ECa. Describe the effects of forces in nature.
13.B.ECa. Use nonstandard and standard scientific tools for investigation.
13.B.ECb. Become familiar with technological tools that can aid in scientific inquiry.