Resources on Early Learning
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Let us know how you are using the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- FAQ: How Can Active Games Help Children Meet Math Benchmarks?
- FAQ: How Can I Help a Shy Child?
- FAQ: How Can Teachers Support Young Children in Military Families?
- FAQ: How Do I Start a Child Care Center in Illinois?
- FAQ: Project Approach: Display and Documentation
- FAQ: What Are the Effects of Academic Redshirting?
- FAQ: What Child Care Options Are Available in Illinois?
- FAQ: What Do I Need to Know about Physical Development in Young Children?
- FAQ: What Do I Need to Know about Social and Emotional Development in Young Children?
- FAQ: What Do Parents Need to Know About Immunizations?
- FAQ: What Do Parents Need to Know About the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards?
- FAQ: What Do Parents Need to Know About the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines for Children Birth to Age 3?
- FAQ: What Does the Research Say About Dual Language Learners?
- FAQ: What Is Age-Appropriate Play for Young Children?
- FAQ: What's Involved in Starting a Family Child Care Business in Illinois?
- FAQ: What Is the Best Way to Assess Young Children's Social Competence?
- FAQ: What Is the Kindergarten Entry Age in Illinois?
- FAQ: What Is the Role of Teachers in Young Children’s Mental Health?
- FAQ: Where Can Parents Find Help for Young Children with Special Needs?
The opinions, resources, and referrals provided on the IEL Web site are intended for informational purposes only and are not intended to take the place of medical or legal advice, or of other appropriate services. We encourage you to seek direct local assistance from a qualified professional if necessary before taking action.
The content of the IEL Web site does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Illinois Early Learning Project, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, or the Illinois State Board of Education; nor does the mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the Illinois Early Learning Project, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, or the Illinois State Board of Education.
NOTE: There may be publications on this page that are available as PDF (portable document format) files. To be able to read these files, download the free Adobe Reader.