- Click here for a listing of the IEL Project Approach Tip Sheets.
- The Project Approach (in English and Spanish)
- The Contribution of Documentation to the Quality of Early Childhood Education
- Issues in Selecting Topics for Projects
- Changing Classroom Practice to Include the Project Approach(in English and Spanish)
- Continuity and Purpose in the Design of Meaningful Project Work
- Dynamic Aims: The Use of Long-term Projects in Early Childhood Classrooms in Light of Dewey’s Educational Philosophy
- The Effects of Project Work in a First-Grade Classroom: A Little Goes a Long Way (in English and Spanish)
- From Themes to Projects
- Implementing the Project Approach in Part-time Early Childhood Education Programs
- A Learning Combination: Coaching with CLASS and the Project Approach.
- Linking Standards and Engaged Learning in the Early Years
- The Project Approach: Meeting the State Standards
- Teachers' views of the efficacy of incorporating the Project Approach into classroom practice with diverse learners (in English and Spanish)
The Project Approach catalogs, which contain project descriptions as well as articles related to project work, are available at no cost on the Clearinghouse for Early Education and Parenting Web site. The first three catalogs, edited by Judy Harris Helm, were prepared for the annual meetings of the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The fourth catalog was prepared for a meeting of the Midwest Association for the Education of Young Children.
Ask an Expert: The Project Approach: Display and Documentation Techniques About
Sylvia Chard, February 2008
IEL Ask an Expert: Doing Projects at Home About
Judy Harris Helm, March 2006
- University Primary School Project Information: The Project Approach University Primary uses the Project Approach as part of its curriculum and includes information about the Project Approach on its Web site.
- Best Practices, Inc. Project Information
This Web site offers numerous resources on the Project Approach. Of special interest will be the Resources section.
- Project Approach Home Page
This Home Page, maintained by Dr. Sylvia Chard, Professor Emerita of Early Childhood Education at the University of Alberta, presents information on the Project Approach.