View the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) main page.
- Goals, Standards, and Benchmarks
A complete HTML list of goals, standards, and benchmarks from the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
- IELDS Tools for Teachers (resources from The Center)
Links to resources for the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards created by the Early Childhood Center of Professional Development in Arlington Heights.
- Tip Sheets Aligned to 2013 Benchmarks
The IEL Project has 72 Tip Sheets aligned with the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. These Tip Sheets are available in HTML and PDF form. Order printed versions of all 72 Tip Sheets through our special online form.
- Benchmark Videos are aligned with the 2013 benchmarks. More than 40 videos recorded in early childhood classrooms show children meeting benchmarks during their daily activities and routines.
- Adapted lesson plans help teachers tailor their lessons to young children with a variety of learning needs, such as a young 3-year-old, an English-language learner, a child exhibiting challenging behavior, or children needing communication or mobility supports.
- IEL Q&A: Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards: A Guide for Parents
- Birth to 3 Guidelines–IELDS: Shows how many areas of early learning and development from birth to age 3 come together to influence when and how the child attains and demonstrates development and learning goals and standards from age 3 to kindergarten.
- Kindergarten–IELDS: Compares Illinois Early Learning Standards Kindergarten with the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards in five areas: social studies, physical development and health, the arts, English language home language development, and social/emotional development.
- Head Start–IELDS: Compares Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Domains and Elements with the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Alignment of Teaching Strategies GOLD Objectives
This document aligns the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards with the objectives, dimensions, and indicators of the Teaching Strategies GOLD assessment system.
- Alignment of The Work Sampling System: Preschool–3 and Alignment of The Work Sampling System: Preschool–4
These documents align the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards with The Work Sampling System, 5th Edition