This podcast, based on a blog written by Dr. Rebecca Swartz, provides ideas for helping young children use mathematical thinking in everyday routines.
To see the main text of the podcast, you can read the original blog post.
Related IEL Resources
- Blog: Mathematize!
- Tip Sheet: Counting Up, Down, and All Around!
- Tip Sheet: Discover Shapes in Many Places
- Tip Sheet: Making Sense of Numbers
- Tip Sheet: Sorting, Classifying, and Organizing
Type of resource:
Setting(s) for which the article is intended:
- Child Care Center
- Family Child Care
- Preschool Program
- Faculty / Trainer
- Parents / Family
- Teachers / Service providers
Age Levels (the age of the children to whom the article applies):
- Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)