About this resourceReviewed: 2017
- Tip Sheet: Connecting with Parents: “But He Doesn’t Do That at Home!”
- Tip Sheet: Is My Child OK?
- Podcast: Listening to Family Voices in Early Childhood Programs
- Discussing Difficult Issues
This short article by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources provides several things to consider when discussing difficult issues with parents.
- How to Communicate with Parents
This short article from the Zero to Three website discusses three key steps to take after discussing difficult topics with parents.
- Family-Professional Partnerships
This CONNECT professional development module provides videos and other training materials to promote trusting partnerships with families.
- Tips for Talking with Parents
This short article from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides a sample parent-teacher conversation and some tips for having difficult conversations with parents.
- You Are Not Alone: For Parents When They Learn That Their Child Has a Disability
This article, written by a parent of a child with a disability, describes common reactions to learning that your child has a disability. Spanish
- Tips for Child Care Providers to Communicate with Parents Concerns about Children’s Development
This article on the Extension website provides specific tips for communicating concerns with parents.