This list provides resources and information about the early intervention system in Illinois. Please visit the Illinois Early Intervention Clearinghouse for more information.
- Tip Sheet: Autism: Be Aware of the Signs
- Tip Sheet: Do You Hear What I Hear?
- Tip Sheet: Is My Child OK?
- Tip Sheet: Understanding and Accepting Differences: Why Can’t Maria Walk?
- Tip Sheet: What Is Developmental Screening?
- Q&A: Finding Help for Young Children With Special Needs
- Podcast: Including Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities in Child Care
- Resource List: Moving from Early Intervention to PreK: What Parents and Caregivers Want to Know
The Getting Started in Early Intervention page from the Illinois Early Intervention Clearinghouse (EIC) includes information on making a referral to a local Child & Family Connections office (CFC) for an evaluation. All CFC offices have a parent liaison on staff to provide consultation to EI teams and families. Parent liaisons are parents or guardians of a child with special needs.
EIC Tip Sheets
- The Family’s Role in Early Intervention: How You Can Help Your Child Also available in Spanish.
- Who Is on Your Early Intervention Team? Also available in Spanish.
- Paying for EI Services Also available in Spanish.
- What’s in Your IFSP? Also available in Spanish.
- Natural Environments: Where All Children Belong Also available in Spanish.
- What Happens During a Typical EI Visit? Also available in Spanish.
- Six-Month Review: An Important Part of the EI Process Also available in Spanish.
- Talking with Your EI Service Providers Also available in Spanish.
- Transition at Age 3: Leaving the Early Intervention Program Also available in Spanish.
The Illinois Early Intervention Program: A Guide for Families includes information on the Illinois early intervention program, why EI services are important, how to find out whether your child is eligible for the EI program, starting and leaving EI services, your legal rights, and questions frequently asked by families. Also available in Spanish.
What is Early Intervention, from the Early Intervention Training Program, describes the potential members of an early intervention team and what a typical EI visit might look like.
The Early Intervention Central Directory includes links to organizations and projects here in Illinois, working in early intervention, parenting, developmental delays, special needs, and related topics as well as a listing of early intervention research projects.
A Journey Through Early Intervention helps walk families through the various aspects of a family’s journey through early intervention and strategies to consider as you plan with the professionals on your team.