- Tip Sheet: Making and Keeping Friends
- Tip Sheet: Work and Play Together
- Tip Sheet: Helping Children Learn to Get Along
- Tip Sheet: He’s Teasing Me!
- Tip Sheet: Kids Who Care
- Podcast: Supporting Young Children’s Friendships: An Interview with Dr. Michaelene Ostrosky
- Blog: Learning to Get Along with Friends
- Video: Two on a Trike
Ages & Stages: How Children Build Friendships
Caregivers’ support and sensitive approach to children’s relationships can foster budding friendships in the classroom. This Scholastic article describes the ages and stages of developing friendships in young children.
The Laws of Friendship
As kids grow, the ground rules of friendships develop and change. Learning these “laws” presented by PBS Parents can help us understand and support our children’s social lives so we can be there when they need us.
Young Children Need Friends
This article by Extension presents ideas to help preschoolers make friends.
A Pedagogy of Friendship: Young children’s friendships and how schools can support them
Caron Carter and Cathy Nutbrown
International Journal of Early Years Education, 2016