Related IEL Resources
- Tip Sheet: Making and Keeping Friends
- Tip Sheet: Work and Play Together
- Tip Sheet: Kids Who Care
- Tip Sheet: Helping Children Learn to Get Along
- Tip Sheet: He’s Teasing Me!
- Podcast: Supporting Young Children’s Friendships: An Interview with Dr. Michaelene Ostrosky
- Blog: Learning to Get Along with Friends
- Video: Two on a Trike
Related Web Resources
Ages & Stages: How Children Build Friendships
Caregivers’ support and sensitive approach to children’s relationships can foster budding friendships in the classroom. This Scholastic article describes the ages and stages of developing friendships in young children.
Young Children Need Friends
This article by Extension presents ideas to help preschoolers make friends.
A Pedagogy of Friendship: Young children’s friendships and how schools can support them
Caron Carter and Cathy Nutbrown
International Journal of Early Years Education, 2016