This list contains a variety of resources associated with getting a child ready for preschool.
- Tip Sheet: Your Child’s First Day in Preschool
- Tip Sheet: Please Don’t Go! Separation Anxiety and Children
- Tip Sheet: Ease Those First-Day Blues!
- Preschool Prep: How to Prepare Your Toddler for Preschool
In this resource provided by Zero to Three, parents can find information on ways to get ready, respond to a child’s worries, and say goodbye that first day.
- Helping Your Child Adjust to Preschool
This article advises parents to make a careful decision in choosing a preschool for their child and familiarize the child with the setting ahead of time to minimize problems. (Also in Spanish)
- Preparing Your Child for Preschool
This Kids Health article lists steps to take to make the adjustment to school easier for children.
- Easing Into Preschool
This article by Colorin Colorado provides parent tips to help a child get a good start in preschool. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Helping Your Preschool Child
This online booklet from the U.S. Department of Education includes suggested learning activities for children from birth through age five. (Also available in Spanish.)
Type of resource:
- Resource List
Setting(s) for which the article is intended:
- Child Care Center
- Family Child Care
- Parents / Family
- Teachers / Service providers
Age Levels (the age of the children to whom the article applies):
- Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)