- Tip Sheet: Your Child’s First Day in Preschool
- Tip Sheet: Please Don’t Go! Separation Anxiety and Children
- Tip Sheet: Ease Those First-Day Blues!
- Preschool Prep: How to Prepare Your Toddler for Preschool
In this resource provided by Zero to Three, parents can find information on ways to get ready, respond to a child’s worries, and say goodbye that first day.
- Helping Your Child Adjust to Preschool
This article advises parents to make a careful decision in choosing a preschool for their child and familiarize the child with the setting ahead of time to minimize problems. (Also in Spanish)
- Preparing Your Child for Preschool
This Kids Health article lists steps to take to make the adjustment to school easier for children.
- Easing Into Preschool
This article by Colorin Colorado provides parent tips to help a child get a good start in preschool. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Helping Your Preschool Child
This online booklet from the U.S. Department of Education includes suggested learning activities for children from birth through age five. (Also available in Spanish.)