- Tip Sheet: Young Children Need to Play!
- Tip Sheet: Time to Play, Time to Dream: Unscheduling Your Child
- Tip Sheet: Make Room for Blocks!
- The Role of Pretend Play in Children’s Cognitive Development
- This Early Childhood Research and Practice journal defines the cluster of concepts related to pretend play and cognition and briefly synthesizes the latest research on the role of such play in children’s cognitive, social, and academic development.
Type of resource:
- Resource List
Setting(s) for which the article is intended:
- Child Care Center
- Family Child Care
- Preschool Program
- Parents / Family
- Teachers / Service providers
Age Levels (the age of the children to whom the article applies):
- Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)
- Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)