About this resourceReviewed: 2017
- Tip Sheet: Protecting Children from Preventable Disease
- Parents Guide to Childhood Immunizations
This resource includes the Illinois Department of Public Health’s recommendations for immunizing children against the 10 vaccine-preventable childhood diseases. Illinois has laws requiring vaccination against some of these diseases before children can enter school.
- Illinois Immunization Program
This schedule on the Illinois Department of Public Health website includes recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Be There for Your Child during Shots
This webpage, in English and Spanish, advises parents on ways to support their children when they are vaccinated.
- Childhood Immunization
This page on the MedlinePlus website includes links to extensive information related to vaccines and immunizing children. Some information for parents is available in over 30 languages.
- Illinois Department of Public Health
This organization is dedicated to improving the health and safety of people in Illinois.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The CDC provides resources and information about preventing diseases.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
This resource is committed to improving healthcare for children.