This list contains a variety of resources associated with literacy development for preschoolers.
- Tip Sheets:
- Fun at Home with Preschoolers: Getting Ready to Read!
- Getting Ready to Read and Write in Child Care
- The Gift of Words: Reading and Games
- Literacy across the Preschool Curriculum
- Out and About with Preschoolers: Literacy Activities
- The Power of the Pen: Let Children Choose Writing Centers!
- Sharing Books with Your Preschooler
- Talk, Listen, and Learn
- Things to Do While You’re Waiting: Language and Literacy
- Using Predictable Books with Young Children
- What’s Next? Predictions at Story Time
- Young Authors at Work: Literature Response Journals
- Young Authors at Work: Story Dictations
- Toolkit: Helping Young Children Get Ready to Read
- Blog: Repeated Readings Can Build Literacy Skills
- Podcast: Language and Literacy in Inclusive Early Childhood Programs