- Tip Sheet: Building Endurance: Let’s Get Physical!
- Tip Sheet: Eating Right = Healthy Children
- Tip Sheet: Games for All Young Children
- Tip Sheet: Organized Sports and Young Children
- Tip Sheet: Physical Fitness for Preschool-Age Children
- Tip Sheet: Physical Fitness for Toddlers
- Tip Sheet: Say Yes to Healthy Snacks!
- Q&A: Development in Young Children
- The Epidemic of Childhood Obesity: Review of Research and Implications for Public Policy
This report from the Society for Research in Child Development reviews medical and psychosocial risks associated with obesity in children, reviews prevention and intervention efforts, and makes recommendations based on the research conclusions.
- Helping Your Child: Tips for Parents
Parents can find tips on encouraging healthy eating and exercise habits in their families on this Weight-Control Information Network website.
- Fitness and Your 4- to 5-Year-Old
This Nemours Foundation website suggests ways that parents can encourage children to participate in physical activities to promote good health.
- My Plate at Home
This booklet from the U.S. Department of Agriculture offers fun and easy tips for building healthier family meals that include the five food groups.
- Recipes for Kids
Letting children help with food and meal preparation is a great way to encourage them to try new foods and think about nutrition. The KidsHealth website includes recipes for children with special health concerns, such as diabetes.