- Tip Sheet: Fun at Home with Preschoolers: Getting Ready to Read!
- Tip Sheet: Literacy across the Preschool Curriculum
- Tip Sheet: Out and About with Preschoolers: Literacy Activities
- Tip Sheet: Learning by Listening to Language
- Blog: Learn by Listening to Language: Build Phonemic Awareness Skills
- Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
This article from the Reading Rocket website describes difficulties in phonological awareness from three perspectives: the child, the parent, and the teacher. It also offers strategies that each can use to deal with and address the issues..
- Phonological Awareness: What It Is and How It Works
Phonological awareness is a skill that allows kids to recognize and work with the sounds of spoken language. This article provides information about how you can help your child strengthen phonological skills.
- Ask & Answer: Phonological Awareness
This module helps to answer the questions: What is phonological awareness? Why is it important? How should it be taught? How can families support phonological awareness development?
Type of resource:
- Resource List
Setting(s) for which the article is intended:
- Child Care Center
- Family Child Care
- Preschool Program
- Parents / Family
- Teachers / Service providers
Age Levels (the age of the children to whom the article applies):
- Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)
- Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)