About this resourceReviewed: 2017
- Tip Sheet: Fun at Home with Preschoolers: Getting Ready to Read!
- Tip Sheet: Literacy across the Preschool Curriculum
- Tip Sheet: Out and About with Preschoolers: Literacy Activities
- Tip Sheet: Learning by Listening to Language
- Blog: Learn by Listening to Language: Build Phonemic Awareness Skills
- Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
This article from the Reading Rocket website describes difficulties in phonological awareness from three perspectives: the child, the parent, and the teacher. It also offers strategies that each can use to deal with and address the issues..
- Phonological Awareness: What It Is and How It Works
Phonological awareness is a skill that allows kids to recognize and work with the sounds of spoken language. This article provides information about how you can help your child strengthen phonological skills.
- Ask & Answer: Phonological Awareness
This module helps to answer the questions: What is phonological awareness? Why is it important? How should it be taught? How can families support phonological awareness development?