Play With Your Toddler—Indoors
Turn off the screens! Get moving with your toddler.
- Help him roll a ball to knock over plastic bottles.
- March in place or dance to music with her.
- Let him splash and play in the tub.
- Help him stack boxes and cans or pots and pans.
- Put toys or books in a pillowcase for her to carry.
- Drape a sheet over a table to make a cave or playhouse for her to crawl through.
Set a good example. Let your child see you being active!
Related IEL Resources
- Tip Sheet: Physical Fitness for Toddlers
- Illinois Early Learning Guidelines: Domain 1: Relationship with Peers
- Video: Persistence, Effort, & Attentiveness
Related Web Resources
Setting(s) for which the article is intended:
- Parents / Family
Age Levels (the age of the children to whom the article applies):
- Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)