Play With Your Toddler—Indoors
Turn off the screens! Get moving with your toddler.
- Help him roll a ball to knock over plastic bottles.
- March in place or dance to music with her.
- Let him splash and play in the tub.
- Help him stack boxes and cans or pots and pans.
- Put toys or books in a pillowcase for her to carry.
- Drape a sheet over a table to make a cave or playhouse for her to crawl through.
Set a good example. Let your child see you being active!
- Tip Sheet: Physical Fitness for Toddlers
- Illinois Early Learning Guidelines: Domain 1: Relationship with Peers
- Video: Persistence, Effort, & Attentiveness