Families are key partners in early learning programs. Join the staff of the Early Childhood Collective, which includes the Illinois Early Learning Project, Early Intervention Clearinghouse, Early Intervention Training Program, Military Families Learning Network, and Illinois Early Childhood Asset Map, to take a closer look at family engagement in early learning programs. Discover resources in Illinois that can support your work as you connect with families and help them support their children’s early learning. ECC staff presented this webinar at the request of the Illinois Association for the Education of Young Children (ILAEYC).
Related Web Resources
- CSEFEL Book Nook – These easy-to-use guides were created especially for teachers/caregivers and parents to provide hands-on ways to embed social emotional skill building activities into everyday routines. Each book nook is comprised of ideas and activities designed around popular children’s books such as Big Al, Hands are Not for Hitting, On Monday When it Rained and My Many Colored Days.
- Relationship-Based Competencies to Support Family Engagement: Webinar Series – This four-part webinar series focuses on the relationship-based competencies (RBCs)—knowledge, skills, and individual practices—early childhood staff need based on their roles.
- Child Care Center
- Family Child Care
- Preschool Program
- Parents / Family
- Teachers / Service providers
- Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)
- Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)