Things to Do While You’re Waiting: Art Is All Around
Keep children engaged when you have to wait
- Notice All the Art Around You
Take a closer look at murals, billboards, and framed prints. Ask your child: “What’s going on in that picture?” Talk about the lines, colors, and shapes you and your child notice.
- Keep art handy
Take paper, crayons, and pencils with you. A hard drawing pad helps.
- Draw with your child
Draw what your see or remember. Talk about your finished artwork.
Related IEL Resources
- Tip Sheet: Things to Do While You’re Waiting: Art Is All Around
- Tip Sheet: Out and About with Preschoolers: Close Up with Visual Arts
- Video: Straw Painting
Related Web Resources
Setting(s) for which the article is intended:
- Parents / Family
Age Levels (the age of the children to whom the article applies):
- Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)
- Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)