- Tip Sheet: Helping Your Child Learn in Two Languages
- How to Reach Out to Parents of ELLs
This resource developed by Colorin Colorado lists ways to reach out to Hispanic parents to get them involved in their child’s preschool. It includes video clips.
- Pat Mora on Reaching Out to Latino Parents
In this interview, Pat Mora, a Mexican American children’s author and poet, suggests that sometimes fear of the unknown can keep parents away from outreach programs. She suggests ways to make them feel welcome.
- Learning about Your Students’ Backgrounds
Colorin Colorado explains how to create a welcoming environment, especially for diverse families. Learning some of their language, even if it’s just a few words and phrases, is a start.
- La biblioteca pre-escolar
This preschool library website contains activities and booklists in Spanish that can be shared with parents.
- International Children’s Digital Library
This online library provides links to free online children’s books from many cultures and in several languages.