- Tip Sheet: Fun at Home with Preschoolers: Getting Ready to Read!
- Tip Sheet: Get Ready to Read
- Tip Sheet: The Gift of Words: Reading and Games
- Tip Sheet: Sharing Books with Your Baby
- Tip Sheet: Sharing Books with Your Preschooler
- Tip Sheet: Sharing Books with Your Toddler
- Tip Sheet: Using Predictable Books with Young Children
- Blog: Sharing Books Can Open New Worlds
- Blog: Choose Good Books That Accurately Reflect Cultures and Home Languages
- Blog: Reading Stories Can Feed the Imagination and Spur Brain Development
- Blog: Super Story Time
- Q&A: Informational Books With Young Children
- Books for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
The Cooperative Children’s Books Center links to several lists, including ones for bilingual, family, counting, and wordless books. More books are categorized according to a main characteristic, such as rhyme or repetition. Multicultural books are listed for people of color, including African-Americans, American Indians, Asians, and Latinos. A list of books that have received the Charlotte Zolotow Award are also listed.
- Recommended Books for Kids
Reading Rockets lists books by themes, including creatures, family, funny, and special days to help parents find ones to interest their children.
- Let’s Read Together: Reading and Storytelling
The Center for Early Literacy Learning explains how parents can encourage their children’s interest in books and reading by sharing books and asking questions.
- The Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
The Center for Children’s Books is a leading book review site.