- Tip Sheets:
- Encouraging Words
- Helping Children Develop “Impulse Control”
- Manners and Preschoolers
- Positive Guidance for Young Children: Be Consistent
- Positive Guidance for Young Children: Be Thoughtful
- Positive Guidance for Young Children: Plan Ahead
- Positive Guidance for Young Children: Take a Break and Calm Down
- Say What You Mean! Talking Straight to Children
- Using Words to Discipline Children
Appropriate Limits for Young Children: A Guide for Discipline
Source: NC State Extension
This page is a guide for disciplining young children. Included is why children misbehave, how to coach your child, developmental milestones and strategies for the adults in a child’s life.
How to Get Your Child to Accept “No” as an Answer
This video gives parents strategies in how to clearly say “no” to a child and how to have them hear and accept this answer.
It’s Okay to Say No
This article discusses the importance of telling children “no” and how it ca help to build self-control.
Source: Zero to Three
This page provides information on how caregivers can help young children develop self-control and self-regulation.
Setting Limits with Young Children
Source: Hand in Hand
This article shares how young children can learn about literacy through everyday activities at home
Setting Limits: Helping Children Learn Self-Regulation
This short article describes the benefits and challenges of setting limits with children. It offers do’s and don’ts and suggestions for parents to try at home.