Related IEL Resources
- Tip Sheet: Take a Bold Approach to Shyness
- Q&A: Development in Young Children
- Video: Two on a Trike
- Video: Drawing a Friend
- Tip Sheet: Children’s Social Competence Checklist
- Tip Sheet: Kids Who Care
- Tip Sheet: Bullying Hurts Everyone
- Tip Sheet: Helping Children Learn to Get Along
- Tip Sheet: Helping Siblings Get Along
- Tip Sheet: He’s Teasing Me!
- Tip Sheet: Making and Keeping Friends
- Tip Sheet: Work and Play Together
- Tip Sheet: Manners and Preschoolers
- Tip Sheet: Play Right—Don’t Bite!
Related Web Resources
Promoting Positive Peer Social Interactions
This brief by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning discusses the importance of successful social interactions to promote positive social and emotional development in children.
Making Friends and Getting Along with Peers
This chapter from the book From Neurons to Neighborhoods discusses how establishing relationships with peers is a major developmental task that is not always easy for children.
Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning
This foundation is dedicated to improving the social emotional development of children birth to five years old.